Following are the general checklist for website optimization:
· Make a site with a clear hierarchy and text links. Every page should be reachable from at least one static text link.
· Shorten the title to 60 characters.
· Include robots Meta tag.
· Include Meta description and Meta keywords.
· Think about the words users would type to find your pages, and make sure that your site actually includes those words within it.
· Use CSS instead of colour, size and font tags. This would help in increasing Code to Text ratio.
· Offer a site map to your users with links that point to the important parts of your site. If the site map is larger than 100 or so links, you may want to break the site map into separate pages.
· Create Google, Yahoo and MSN XML site map.
· Rewrite dynamic URLS in to static URL. Remove & ? = session id from the dynamic URL.
· Create a useful, information-rich site, and write pages that clearly and accurately describe your content.
· Submit your site to ODP and Yahoo Dir; make sure to select the right category.
· Submit your website to Social book marking websites
· Create customised blogs for clients like emarketing blog. Link to your blog from the home page, the look and feel of the home page and blogs can look the same.
· Participate in forums.
· Submit to Directories, Search engines, Classifieds & Industry specific sites.
· Write and submit Press releases to major PR sites. Create a PR section in the website.
· Website should be RSS enabled. Once this is done the feeds can be submitted to various RSS directories.
· Use Anchor Text and alt tags. Search engines won’t be able to see images or clever presentations; they can only see text, so the images has to be explained in text by using alt tags. Link attribute can be used to explain the text links to spiders.
· Try to get as much as relevant links you can..
· Read each search engines guide lines and follow them strictly.
· Main keywords should make bold / italic / underline.
· Use h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 (h1 is V.good).
· Make sure you don't have any orphan links.
· Enable customized error 404 pages on your website. Visitors typing the wrong url, or clicking on a broken link can be shown a customized error 404 page.
· Provide a footer text and include your important links in the text.
· Make sure our page code is not bigger than 30 K.
· Pay special attention to your content.
· Don't Spam (Content and Image).
· Don't use doorway pages.
· Don't cloak.
Free Website Advertising Adwords Consultant Website Optimization India